Geekom XT12 Pro mini PC with Intel Alder Lake CPU Core i9 processor

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
Brandon Lee
(@brandon-lee)
Member Admin
Topic starter

Another cool mini PC coming from Geekom that may have home lab promise. It has introduced a new small desktop computer called the XT12 Pro, which is going to be quite powerful thanks to its Intel 12th Generation Core i9 processor.

The XT12 Pro is a little powerhouse, coming in a sleek aluminum case. It has some impressive specs, including an option for an Intel Core i9-12900H processor, as much as 64 GB of DDR4-3200 memory spread over two slots, and room for two M.2 SSDs for storage.

This computer is compact, measuring just over 11 centimeters in length and width, and about 4 centimeters in height, weighing around 550 grams. It's designed to be easily attached to the back of a screen or monitor, making it a great space-saver.

It comes with a good range of connection ports. On the front, there are two fast USB-A ports and a spot to plug in your headphones. The back is loaded with even more, including two ultra-fast USB4 ports that also work with DisplayPort, two HDMI ports for your screens, another fast USB-A port, a standard USB-A port, and a high-speed internet connection port.

Comparing it to its predecessor, the Mini IT12, the XT12 Pro seems to step things up a notch. The Mini IT12 offered either an Intel Core i5 or i7 processor, and while the exterior and connection options appear similar (though the XT12 Pro is stylish in white and slightly shorter), the new model packs a more powerful punch but might not have room for a larger 2.5-inch drive like its older sibling.

The addition of two USB4 ports was a standout feature of this unit compared to the IT12. However, we noticed the Mini IT12's Core i5 version didn't quite keep up with similar models from other brands, so it's going to be interesting to see how the XT12 Pro's more demanding Core i9 processor performs.

Geekom hasn't shared how much the XT12 Pro will cost yet, but they're planning to release it sometime in April.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Geekom-announces-XT12-Pro-mini-PC-with-Intel-Alder-Lake-CPU.815077.0.html

Posted : 20/03/2024 6:11 pm
Topic Tags