45HomeLab Mini PC Presale soon - Specs?

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Brandon Lee
(@brandon-lee)
Member Admin
Topic starter

Who else is interested in the 45HomeLab Mini PC announcement?

45HomeLab is launching a Mini PC soon. It’s manufactured in North America and features the same metal body as the HL15 (already released). Despite its compact size, they are promising it to be a high performance unit. It’s also open-source, offering flexibility for customization.

Details like its exact specs and price are still under wraps, with more information expected next week. They’re encouraging potential buyers to stay tuned for the presale.

Here’s a simpler breakdown:

• North American Manufacturing: Suggests quality production and ethical standards.
  • Metal Construction: Indicates durability and a high-quality feel.
  • Compact yet Powerful: Small in size but designed for strong performance.
  • Open-Source: Allows for software modifications, appealing to tech enthusiasts.
45homelab mini pc

Posted : 05/04/2024 9:42 pm
(@malcolm-r)
Trusted Member

i'm sure this will be a pretty cool device, but given the price of their previous products, i'm sure it won't be cheap.

Posted : 07/04/2024 8:22 pm
Brandon Lee
(@brandon-lee)
Member Admin
Topic starter

@malcolm-r exactly, wondering on the price range for this one. Also, wondering which CPU they are planning on...would be cool to see if they use desktop memory as well?

Posted : 08/04/2024 9:28 pm
Brandon Lee
(@brandon-lee)
Member Admin
Topic starter

Ok, I am definitely disappointed in the specs for these. Was hoping we would see more powerful specs in this form factor from 45homelab for the price. There are two new versions, the 45homelab home client and home workstation.

Home Client Overview

The Home Client is a fanless single-board computer equipped with a pre-installed Linux operating system. Its small size, less than 7 inches in footprint, makes it ideal for placement on a TV stand or mounting behind a monitor. It is designed for quiet operation and a low-profile appearancet and has the same metal build as the HL15 and is manufactured in North America. 

Pricing and Specifications:

• Starting Price: $699 USD
  • CPU: N97
  • RAM Options:
    • 8GB
    • 16GB
  • Storage: 250GB
  • Available Colors:
    • Black
    • White

Home Workstation Overview

The Home Workstation offers enhanced capabilities with its slightly larger size, which accommodates more powerful components. This unit features a quiet-operating Noctua fan on the CPU cooler to maintain low noise levels. Also, it includes a low-profile GPU slot. According to 45homelab, the Home Workstation is suitable for development work, self-hosting, and other tasks. The extra space provided by its mini-ITX board allows for customizations and future upgrades.

Workstation Specifications and Pricing:

• Price: $1099 USD
  • CPU Options:
    • Intel Core i5-12600k
    • Intel Core i7-12700k
    • Intel Core i9-12900k
  • GPU Options:
    • None
    • Nvidia GTX 4060 low profile 8GB
  • RAM Options:
    • 16GB DDR4
    • 32GB DDR4
    • 64GB DDR4
  • Storage: Starting at 256GB
  • Available Colors:
    • Black
    • White

https://store.45homelab.com/#premium-desktop-computers

Posted : 12/04/2024 11:03 pm
(@malcolm-r)
Trusted Member

yeah, as i suspected. $1100 for a CPU that's 2 generations old, and a paltry amount of RAM and storage. disappointing IMHO.

also, all that room and only a mini-ITX board? c'mon....

i love more ideas and turnkey products coming to the homelab world, but entry-level specs for the cost of a beast second-hand server is a huge bummer.

Posted : 21/04/2024 9:28 pm