Has anyone successf...

Notifications
Clear all

Has anyone successfully used Caddy as a reverse proxy with Docker service discovery in a pure Docker env?

3 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@termv)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I am currently using Traefik as a reverse proxy that provides access to all my Docker workloads. It achieves dynamic service discovery by querying Docker labels for Traefik configuration directives.

People seem to love the Caddy web server for its configuration simplicity, and it will supposedly work as a reverse proxy for Docker services with similar dynamic service discovery features that can be enabled as a third party module.

Has anyone successfully implemented this in their lab yet, or does anyone have plans to rip out Traefik/nginx as their Docker reverse proxy in favour of Caddy?

Posted : 12/04/2024 9:38 am
Brandon Lee reacted
Topic Tags
Brandon Lee
(@brandon-lee)
Member Admin

@termv this is one I want to try too. Have you started playing around with it yet?

Posted : 12/04/2024 10:54 pm
(@termv)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

@brandon-lee I spent a 2-3 hours giving it a try before I posted the question but didn't get very far. I feel as though it's possible but my inexperience with basic Caddy setup and configuration is holding me back. I'm chasing too many rabbits at the moment so I was hoping one of the good people in the VHT community may have already tried it.

Posted : 13/04/2024 6:20 pm