Organizations looking for a great, versatile, flexible, and powerful data protection solution that can protect workloads across virtual, physical, and even cloud offerings at a very reasonable price will want to take a look at Vembu BDR Suite. Recently, Vembu announced the availability of Vembu BDR Suite 3.9.1 which includes significant enhancements and bug fixes that are geared toward performance improvements of its flagship product. In this post we will take a look at Vembu BDR Suite v3.9.1 released with Standard Edition which includes a new offering in the product line as well as the features and functionality of the 3.9.1 release.
Vembu BDR Suite 3.9.1 released with Standard Edition
One thing I really like and appreciate about Vembu is they are in tune with the needs of their customers and they are constantly introducing features and price points that align with customer needs. The Vembu BDR Suite 3.9.1 release is no exception to that. With version 3.9.1 of BDR Suite, Vembu has introduced a new functionality and pricing tier in the new Standard Edition of BDR Suite.
Now, SMBs have the choice of either implementing the Enterprise or Standard edition of the product depending on their individual needs and features required in their particular environments. The new Standard Edition contains most of the really great features as the Enterprise version for a price level that many smaller organizations can benefit from including:
- Agentless incremental image-level backups of VMware and Hyper-V
- VMware vSphere agentless protection interacts with the vSphere VMware vStorage APIs (VADP)
- Hyper-V hosts can be backed up agentlessly. Vembu’s Hyper-V CBT driver allows recording Changed Blocks so backups happen efficiently.
- Quick VM recovery
- Vembu functionality that allows booting any incremental VM and physical machine disk image backup instantly, right from the Vembu backup storage!
- Instant File Recovery
- Vembu provides instant File Recovery option for the users to restore specific files and folder of their choice directly the UI
- Efficient Storage Management
- VembuHIVE is a tremendously powerful file system that is configured on top of the Vembu storage repository and allows for instantly gaining access to virtual machine disks in a number of formats
- Cross Platform Migration
- Vembu provides crossplatform mobility. VMware and Hyper-V virtual machine backups can be migrated to the hypervisor of your choice including VMware, Hyper-V and KVM.
- Granular Recovery for Microsoft Applications
- Vembu’s BDR Suite allows for true application aware backups that provides granular recovery of Microsoft Applications such as Exchange Server and SQL Server and ensures the backups from these mission critical applications are consistent, minimizing restore time and RTOs.
- RTOs of less than 15 minutes
- Approaching near CDP (continuous data protection) Vembu RPOs limit data loss to, at most, 15 minutes with the 15 minute restore points backing mission critical VMs
- Unrestricted Storage Scaling
- Vembu’s Storage Pooling allows for aggregating storage across a number of storage devices (DAS, SAN, NAS) and presenting this logical storage volume to Vembu BDR Server to target for backup data
Vembu’s new Standard Edition perfectly compliments the existing products that have been available to customers such as the following additional v3.9.1 editions:
- Free Edition – Allows users to utilize unlimited features up to 3 VMs and then users can backup unlimited hosts with limited features
- Enterprise Edition – The premier edition for medium and enterprise businesses that includes extended features for tape backup, replication, persistent boot, advanced GFS retention, etc
Vembu provides organizations the options of running Vembu BDR Suite on today’s latest and most powerful operating systems including:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016
Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2
Microsoft Windows Server 2012
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2
Microsoft Windows 10
Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
Vembu BDR Suite v3.9.1 Standard Edition Pricing
Prcing for the new Vembu BDR Suite v3.9.1 Standard Edition is as follows:
- The Standard Edition for VMware Backup is priced at USD 216/CPU-socket/annum. If your requirement comes under 6 CPU sockets, you get an additional discount of 50% that could lead to USD 108/CPU-socket/annum!
- The Standard Edition for Hyper-V Backup also has surprises. Priced at a reasonable USD 144/CPU-socket/annum, it gets down to USD 72/CPU-socket/annum if you fall under the above-mentioned discount category.
Vembu BDR Suite v3.9.1 Standard Edition Resources
If you want to know more about Vembu BDR Suite v3.9.1 Standard Edition, there are already some really great Vembu resources to check out to get more information. Check out the following resources:
- Vembu BDR Suite v3.9.1 Overview – https://www.vembu.com/vembu-vmbackup-standard-edition/
- Vembu BDR Suite v3.9.1 Product Datasheets – https://www.vembu.com/product-datasheets/
- Vembu BDR Suite v3.9.1 Release notes – https://www.vembu.com/pdf/release-notes/vembu-bdr-suite-release-notes.pdf
- Vembu BDR Suite v3.9.1 Editions Comparison – https://www.vembu.com/vembu-bdr-suite-free-vs-paid-edition/
- VHT Vembu Partner Page – https://www.virtualizationhowto.com/vembu/
Vembu BDR Suite v3.9.1 is another great release from Vembu that affords organizations yet another great option in pricing, features, and functionality. Organizations who may not have needed all the features and functionality found in Vembu BDR Suite v3.9.1 Enterprise edition now have another edition tier that may more closely suit their individual use case and needs. Be sure to check out Vembu BDR Suite v3.9.1 and take advantage of the free trial that provides unlimited access to all of the Enterprise features. If you want, this will transition over to the free edition after 30 days.